Skip to main content

Most anticipated TV series of 2019 (March edition)

Due to work obligations and a refusal to subscribe to every single streaming platform out there, I'm a little behind on "current" tv series.  Here's what I've been watching (as well as what I plan on watching), sorted by streaming platform.  Hopefully after tax season I can actually get back to enjoying some of my favorite series, discovering some new shows, and write about it all here on this site!

Amazon Prime:
Currrently watching (not bingeing):
1. Electric Dreams
2. Homecoming
3. Farscape (recently added in HD; I'm on season 2)
4. Deadwood (rewatching in anticipation of the movie)

Plan on Watching: 
1. The Man in the High Castle

Most anticipated series in development:
1. Lord of the Rings
2. Wheel of Time
3. The Expanse (season 4)
4. The Man in the High Castle (final season)
5. The Dark Tower

CBS All Access:
1. Star Trek Discovery season 2 (I'll get to this as soon as I can!)

Plan on watching:
1. The Twilight Zone
2. Picard Star Trek series
3. Star Trek Section 31 series?!


Comcast/Xfinity cable and network TV:
Currently binged/bingeing:
1. Killjoys (I recently caught up on the latest season).  I adore this little show.  From the likable, diverse characters to the always welcome world-building, I am excited to see how the final season plays out.  While I'm going to miss the adventures of Dutch, Johnny, D'Avin, Pree, and, can't believe I'm saying this, Aneela, I am thankful that the creative team was given the chance to end the series when Syfy renewed it for its final two seasons!  Also, it is so very nice that every season is available to watch On Demand so no worries about how to catch up on previous seasons!

2. Orphan Black.  Yes, I know it has been over for almost a year, but I'm behind on this little gem of a series.  I'm taking my time with the final season, knowing that soon I'll have to say goodbye to Sara, Coseema, Helena, Alison, etc.  I hear there is a reboot/new series being planned and am not sure how I feel about that, but for now I am just going to enjoy the amazing work Tatiana Maslany and the rest of the cast and done with this show!

Plan on Watching:
1. Into the Badlands (final season)
2. A Discovery of Witches (when it comes to BBC America and AMC)

Anticipated:
1. Better Call Saul (AMC)
2. Mr. Robot (USA)
3. Killjoys (Syfy)


HBO:
Plan on Watching:
1. GAME OF THRONES (final season)

Most anticipated:
1. Game of Thrones (prequel)
2. His Dark Materials
3. Westworld
4. The Watchmen


Netflix:
Plan on watching:
1. The OA
2. The Punisher (final season)
3. Jessica Jones (final season)
4. Orange is the New Black (final season)

Most anticipated:
1. Cowboy Bebop live action
2. Chronicles of Narnia series
3. Lost in Space (season 2)
4. Stranger Things (new season)


Tubi:
Currently watching:
1. Cowboy Bebop (rewatching in anticipation of the Netflix series that is in development)


Comments